Friday, May 1, 2009

Thursday.

I had a fantastic couple of days with Uncle Gayle. I went over on Wednesday with dad. He was taking Aunt El grocery shopping. I sat with Uncle Gayle upstairs and chatted with him while we watched DVDs of old Nebraska Football games. All in all a very nice visit. Aunt El told me she wanted to work a half day on Thursday, but wasn't comfortable leaving Uncle Gayle alone...could I come over on Thursday to keep an eye on him and keep him company?

On Thursday, I woke up early--much earlier than I have in a very long time. Was out the door by 7:15am and at their place a little after 7:30am. Walked into the house, put my Vera Bradly bag down on the loveseat in the living room and found a giant spider crawling across the carpet...nearly passed out. Managed to not pee myself, grabbed paper towels from kitchen, captured spider, sent it on its way. Chatted with Uncle Gayle for a while, helped him with some phone calls and then made him breakfast. I stripped the sheets off of his bed and washed them--it is always wonderful to have freshly laundered sheets on a bed! I also brought him a giant case of movies to watch. I went back downstairs and took care of laundry and checked in on him periodically. Came up to give him more water and found him watching The Breakfast Club. Good movie. Managed to get quite a bit of lyric writing done and have some new ideas for a couple more songs. His appetite was much better--made him a ham sandwich for lunch (no crusts), gave him some more graham crackers and some sherbet. Didn't want him to feel like I was hovering or smothering him, so just let him watch movies until he called for me to get him something. Aunt El came home around 1 and I headed home. Felt VERY tired yesterday...sick to stomach. probably something I ate. Hope I don't have "E Coli." (Thanks, George Lopez!)

No comments:

Post a Comment